It's Friday, people! I've decided to blog about something Friday-fun and interactive...running music!
I am a fan of the iPod and love to run while listening to some quality tunes. Here are a few that keep me going...
1. "It's Amazing" by Jem - the lyrics say it all. "It's amazing, all that you can do. It's amazing, makes my heart sing. Now it's up to you."
2. "Pump It" by the Black Eyed Peas - for when you feel like you don't have anything left.
3. "Shut Up and Let Me Go" by the Ting Tings - lots of energy and a little attitude!
4. "Make Yourself" by Incubus - this one is great for "angry running" and a real kick in the pants.
5. Anything Lady Gaga - makes me wanna dance and you can't help but sing along
Honorable mentions - "Ready to Run" by the Dixie Chicks (shout out to Kari for reminding me that this is obviously a perfect running song!) and "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay. Any opportunity to listen to Coldplay is a good one.
Which songs get YOU going? I'm always looking to expand my playlist!
(Sidenote: Running at night makes me a Nervous-Nelly, but be safe any time of day when you're running with earphones in! Keep the volume soft enough that you can hear cars and people around you.)