Thursday, April 15, 2010

Do whatever doesn't hurt...

...This sums up my first trip to Sports Medicine.
I was told I definitely have shin splints, but no one could say for sure whether or not I have a stress fracture. What does this mean for my half marathon? Not recommended.
I was given tons of stretches to do and was told to let pain be my guide in terms of exercise.
The whole situation is disappointing, but my doctor said something that actually made me feel a whole lot better.
"You've now experienced two of the most common injuries I see...welcome to the world of running!"
Indeed.
One thing this whole experience has shown me is how much I love getting outside for a run. If that is all I can take away from it for now (rather than a finishers medal), that's enough for me. I'll be back! Look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment