Saturday, February 20, 2010

The "Tweener" Race

My training calendar says I am just a few weeks from being half-way through my training -wow. Time to start thinking about an in-between (tweener) race. A 10K seems the obvious choice, but which one?
The last (and my only other) 10K wasn't so great. Snow-covered trails really tested my newbie muscles and completely wore me out by mile 4. I went home and slept all day only to wake up with an over-use injury. Hopefully I can get through this one unscathed.
I live in Madison and am looking for a good 10K some time in March. Do any of you have any recommendations??
Stay tuned for a review of tomorrow's long run: 6 miles. I'm doing it outside, people! Neither rain, nor sleet, nor really sloppy wet roads will stop me thanks to all of your excellent posts!

7 comments:

  1. The Shamrock shuffle has a 10k distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shamrock Shuffle would be a good 10K for your marathon training. It's on March 21st and you can visit the website at http://www.shamrock-shuffle.org/. Also, it's not very expensive to sign up and it's a great way to start your week leading to St. Patrick's Day! Only if there was a delicious Guinness at the end waiting for me....that would be a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shamrock shuffle is a great race. keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking for a 10K in March, too. Having a hard time finding one that fits my schedule. I'm doing a 5 mile in Stevens Point on March 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Shamrock Shuffle is March 14th, not the 21st! But it is a good 10K I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think 10ks are a tough distance - but it would be a good experience for you in your training. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta do the Shamrock! Was a super fun race... but when I was training last year I only did the 5k distance, and then did Crazylegs in April which is 8k.

    ReplyDelete